Hall Management Group is seeking a Sous Chef for Halls Chophouse Columbia. We want you to be on the front lines as Halls expands to a new city. Halls Chophouse Charleston and Greenville have garnered thousands of five-star reviews and we expect the same in Columbia. We are looking for someone who has an in-depth knowledge of culinary trends, cooking techniques, recipe development and kitchen management to promote encouragement and staff progression in a professional and positive culture. You must be passionate about training and leading a staff to create outstanding food.
Excellent Experience. Outstanding Location.
Halls Chophouse Columbia will open its doors in October. Seated on the corner of Main and Gervais in the heart of the city, the restaurant is steps away from the South Carolina Statehouse. Expect leaders and legislators from the local, state and national level to dine with us. In addition to the thriving political scene, Columbia is alive with the spirit of the Gamecock. Home to the University of South Carolina, the city is teeming with vivacious students and alumni. On any given Saturday in the fall, thousands more swarm the city hungry for a win and for impeccable food, hospitality and service.
- A humble leader—you are confident in your leadership style, yet you understand a leader never stops learning. You see this profession as a catalyst to teach the next generation of culinary artists and as a way to continue growing. You are quick to put others first, but patient when it comes to handling difficult situations.
- A seasoned professional—you have two to four years’ experience in a full-service, high-volume restaurant similar to Halls Chophouse. Your strong knowledge of operational management propels you to take charge of the financial performance of the restaurant. You are able to build strong, genuine bonds with purveyors and suppliers. You have experience with Compeat and Aloha.
- A visionary artist—you are eager to develop and prepare menus and recipes alongside the Executive Chef and culinary team. You enjoy the challenge of working with unique ingredients and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You always strive to sharpen your skills and hone your craft.
- A clear communicator—you are in constant conversation with your staff, management team and suppliers. You are clear when it comes to expectations and are able to hold team members accountable. You are an instinctive leader who can make things happen. You have experience in conflict resolution.
- An available mentor—you believe in investing in your team. You are continually coaching, training and mentoring all cooks. You see mistakes as teachable moments and are able to remain calm if things aren't perfect.
Hall Management Group offers very competitive pay and industry-leading benefits. Medical, dental, life and short/long term disability insurances will be available to you the first of the month following your first thirty days and will be paid 70% by HMG. Voluntary vision insurance is also offered. We offer up to a 4% company match on a 401K after six months of employment. Bonus program paid out per period. Your first weeks’ vacation can be taken after 6 months.
Please submit your resume. You must be qualified to submit for this position. We are growing at a rapid pace and we surround ourselves with positive, like-minded people.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Please note: if you do not see the position you specialize in while searching "All Jobs," please contact Hayley Anders at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss available opportunities.
Coming December 2018!
Seated at the corner of Main and Gervais Streets in the heart of the Capital City, Halls Chophouse Columbia is steps away from the South Carolina Statehouse. Leaders and legislators from the local, state, and national level will sit in your section, eat your dishes and experience the signature Halls Hospitality you will deliver.
Columbia is a bustling city and home to the University of South Carolina Gamecocks. On any given Saturday in the fall, anticipate 80,000 garnet-and-black clad fans to swarm the city, hungry for a win and for outstanding hospitality. Expect those fans to seek recovery the next morning at Sunday brunch.
If your passions include exceeding expectations, serving the finest dishes, and cultivating an environment of excellence, we want you to help us bring Halls’ famously superior hospitality to famously hot Columbia.
Halls Chophouse is owned and operated by the Hall family and is a part of Hall Management Group based in Charleston, South Carolina. Halls Chophouse of Charleston is the winner of several accolades and awards including several Charleston City Paper's "Best Of" awards and TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)